Mar 30, 2014

Sundaze 1413

Hello, as N.W. Europe basks in the sunshine with temps of 20 C on average, it's time for that biorhythm disturber again, daylight saving time ahhh when you wake up tomorrow it will be an hour later than you think..shocker! Yes there's more heart attacks during these biorhythm disturbers but at least with the fine weather you get to enjoy your terrace beer an hour longer. Apparently the US isn't syncing but hey that country has some much more outrageously backward ways. Yet they remain immensely proud of their stupidities, all enabled on the basis of creating endless amounts of dollars everyone else is forced to accept as a bribe or else expect a serious death threat. After all that's why they spend all that papermoney on ...murder machines that validate the dollar.


With the means to create and distribute music having been 'democratized' this last decade a guy from Moscow made his move to break free from anonymity.The music today is rather chilled which certainly can be enjoyed whilst dozing in the sunshine as well Treat yourselves again.......... N'Joy

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Well I have to make note of the fact that like last weeks artist today's composer is lacking the same ego drive, clearly these eastern European previously communist societies spawn quiet a different mindset, compared to our ego driven west world, and its not so much about making money as it is about creating art. These eastern european artists are virtually anonymous and although they have fine websites, there's not a beep about themselves, no context about how and where they create, who's inspiring them. One could say they are naive or maybe ignorant, fact it they are not helping themselves if they wanted to breakthrough into the west. The quality of their work is outstanding alas that can't be said of their management/marketing.

Fellirium is the moniker of Andrey Vasilyev - russian musician from Moscow, Russian Federation. Fellirium is an ambient / Experimental music project, focusing on various music in the field of ambient music, ranging from the ambient space Light to Dark Experimental Forms with Neo-Classical Influences.  Andrey supports free music and releases his works under Creative Commons License.

This is all the info i could find on todays artist despite releasing more than a dozen albums, then i came across a chat discussion at relaxmachinery where he answers a number of questions. Posted on November 13, 2010 at 2:23am

I) Why do you create music/art?

 To be honest - I don't know. I just like it, and I even NEED it. When I was a little kid, I liked to draw and imagine lots of strange things and stories. When I grew up, I tried to write something. Short ысш-аш stories, novels, etc. I liked it. I like this feeling I get everytime when I create something, when I made something you can feel, but can not touch... Well, I don't know how to describe it anyway. Now I write music, and I think that it's mine. Music is the way I can express myself, go away from reality, clear my mind, get lots of good feeling and emotions. And - who knows - maybe my music can make some other person feel and see something similar to what I feel and see.

 II) What moods, perspectives, and/or messages are you usually trying to convey when you create music/art?

 Well, actually, I don't try to convey moods or meessages. I'd say I try to convey images, feelings and atmospheres of some certain places out of this reality. My music, as I conceive it, is a little bit escapist.

 III) How do you see your music in comparison to the mainstream genre?

 My music isn't mainstream. Although it is also not the deepest uderground. I will never be popular and I don't need it anyway.

 IV) What is more important to you when you create? a) Getting your own point across or b) Leaving room for interpretation?

 If you take ambient genre for example, it is music for imagination and interpretation, so, my music is certainly leaving room for it. But it also shows my own point through tracks' titles and albums' titles.

 V) Who/what moves or inspires you?

 I take my inspiration from the nature and almost everything around me. Trees, skies, ponds and rivers, houses, distant lights in the night city and so on... Everything created by nature (and by human sometimes) in this world is very beautiful and inspiring, and when I admire it, I hear the music.
 But also some music from my favourite artist is also inspires me, but not as much as nature.

 VI) Would you consider your work to be sincere? If so, why?

 I don't know. But some of mine friends that my work is very sincere, because they reveal my soul, feelings and thoughts (I'm kinda introvert and usually you're don't see all of this). I don't know it is really or not. May the listeners decide.

 VII) What defines as being "good music/art" to you?

 Good music and art for me are music and art that I like or, if I don't like, I respect. It could be very powerful, beautiful and touching, but it couldn't touch my heart or my soul, and because of it I don't like it. But I see it's power, it's beauty, and I acknowledge it.

 VIII) Would you say that musicians/artists become or are good more due to gifts & talents or practice & dedication to hone their craft?

 You can say anything, but I think talent is nothing without practice, so I think both verions together will make artists and musucian good. Of course, there are exceptions when talent or in the other way, practice takes lead. But I think it happens rather seldom

 IX) What do you hope to achieve from what you create?

 Nothing. I just do what I like. That's all. Fame? I don't need it. If I'll be famous then it will be side effect of my activity, not my goal.
 Money? Well, I'm in need of money right now, but I don't want to take money for my music. Music must be free. Even if my music will be on CD some day, I think all money from sales will go to some fund.
 So, I create music because I like to and I don't try to achieve anything.

 X) What effects have you seen your work have on others?

 Well, I don't meet with my listeners, and I don't get much response. I receive e-mail's and comments on the Internet sometimes, where people say that they like my music, but I can't tell what effects exactly my work has on them. But I knew one guy who loved one of my tracks so much, that he listened it over and over again, and again, and again... One day when I visited his last.fm profile page I saw that he listened those track about two thousand times in a row! Oh my god, I've never thought that somebody will love my music so much. But, unfortunatelly, he doesn't liked my other stuff that much. :)

 XI) Where do you think you would be in life if music/art was non-existent? Why?

 Well, I would be in the same spot where I am now, except I wouldn't write music (and listen to it, if it was non-existent). I am not a famous musician whose life consists only of music. Music is some sort of hobby for me (but, to be honest, it is actually something more than just a hobby). And if it was non-existent, well, okay - I would find a new one.

 XII) It has been said many times that musicians are the most creative when they are drug addicts, or as the old saying goes, "No junk, no soul.". In your opinion, do you think that certain drugs aid in the creative process? If so, why?

 Drugs are bad! I've never tried them and I've never will. And I don't like when someone says that ambient music is music for the drug-addicts and it could be listened only when you high. Damn, where does these thoughts comes from?!
 I think ambient music is better than any drug. When I listen to Steve Roach, Robert Rich, Vidna Obmana, Alio Die and other good musicians, it takes me to other world and push me into some sort of trance. It also happen when I create music, thus I don't need any drugs for stimulating creative process. If you need them - bad for you.

 XIII) It used to be every band's dream to get signed onto a record label & now it seems as though bands prefer the freedom of working independently. Why do you think that is?

 Because major labels steal your soul. :)
 Well, when there was no Internet, bands and musicians had no chance to be heard without labels. They could hardly survive by only self-releases and labels was the only way to made a good record, promote yourself and find some fans.
 Now, when everyone can listen what they want and freely get it, labels lose their weight. Why bother searching for label, tuning to its rules and demands, when you can do what you want and like to do, and distribute and promote it by yourself through the Internet?

 XIV) What impact has the record industry had on music throughout the years?

 I don't know what to answer. :)

 XV) Would you consider it to be a fair statement that mainstream music is made more for the sake of acquiring money than for the genuine desire to create, and that underground musicians are the opposite?

 Again, there are lots of exceptions, but I think I agree with it, although there are mainstream artist who make music for deaire to create, and underground musicians who make music only for mone (in last years it's escpecially visible).

 XVI) The internet has, without question, changed how we look at music. It makes it much easier for underground musicians to spread the word about their work. On the other hand, it also makes it possible to download music for free from torrent websites. Overall, do you think that the internet has, and will, hinder or aid underground musicians?

 It depends on what purpose you have. If you want to make money, then it will certainly hinder you. But for musicians like me it is aid, without doubt.


Discography_
 
Insomnia (07)
Concrete Purgatory ‎(07)
Cellular Structure (07)
Unreleased Tracks (08)
Emerald (08)
Sapphire (08)
The Long Winter  (08)
Monochrome World (08)
Temple Of The Moon (08)
Untitled I (09)
Untitled II (09)
Beyond The Dream (09)
Ruby (09)
Fleurs D'Hiver (09)
Joint Universe (10)
Amethyst ‎(10)
Nightfall ‎(11)
Remembrance ‎(14)

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Dedication to the winter.  First album with accent on melody. Drones and sounds with simple melodies played on electric piano creates the atmosphere of the long and cold winter.  Bonus track 'Song for the fox' is the improvisation played live.  Unreleased Tracks, a collection of old previously unreleased and unused tracks.  Various styles of ambient: space, tribal, drone and dark ambient.



Fellirium - The Long Winter + Unreleased Tracks (flac 413mb)

01 Snowfall 6:29
02 Frozen River 7:25
03 Forest Sleeps 8:26
04 Cold Wind Blows 6:24
05 The Long Winter 9:05
06 Under The Snow 13:20
07 Song For The Fox (Live Improvisation) 3:56
Unreleased Tracks
08 Untitled 8:41
09 Untitled 11:13
10 Untitled 3:12
11 Untitled 3:58
12 Untitled 5:36
13 Untitled 4:41
14 Untitled 5:57
15 Untitled 7:07
16 Untitled 10:26

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Temple of the Moon is a deep, magnificent collection of ambient space music by one of our favorite artists ever. Hailing from Russia, Fellirium is one of those rare musicians who never repeats themselves and yet makes magic every time. 'Temple of the moon' is a collection of deep space ambient pieces. Abstract electronic ambient with floating sound textures and mystical atmosphere. Simply beautiful. With a soft and delicate Glowing Mushroom as bonus (from the duo release with Wialenove Earth/Space)



Fellirium - Temple of the Moon (flac  238mb)

01 I 5:31
02 II 6:54
03 III 7:38
04 IV 6:02
05 V 10:23
06 VI 7:43
07 VII 6:44

08 Glowing Mushroom 10:34


xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

'Fleurs d'Hiver', like 'The Long Winter', dedicated to winter, and inspired by winter photos by Florent Tissier. Soothing and dark, noisy and light experimental electronic ambient with electric piano. Reflections is a mixture of dark drones and heavy sounds, extracted from guitar and piano, with light ambient textures and electronic rhythms.



Fellirium - Fleurs d'Hiver + Reflections (flac 355mb)

1 Invisible Companion 7:21
2 Thin Ice 5:10
3 February 6:02
4 Cold 6:50
5 Flowers Of Winter 8:02
6 Whisper Of Trees 8:54

7 Reflections 21:04


xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rho, would it be possible for you to re-upload Fellirium's albums?
Thank you kindly for all of your work!